• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Illuminated carbon fiber door sill install?

Was thinking of installing the OEM ones over the winter (it's pretty much the only option I don't have). Has anyone done it yet? If so, how difficult was it?

Depending on your level of comfort with DIY stuff, it should be do-able (see http://www.nsxwiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/BII03342-01.pdf). I wouldn't do it myself, particularly because of the steps were you have to physically cut apart the existing extrusion and floor carpet. But I do have to say that accessory item is well worth it--they look great during the day (especially if you have the other interior CF items) and fantastic when they light up at night!

They sell for around $1500 with online price of around $1100. If you take your time and are somewhat skilled then it is doable. Does require cutting (no going back) and drilling. I would say around 3 hours plus.

Thanks everyone! The cutting makes me a bit uneasy. Is this something a dealership could/would install?

Thanks everyone! The cutting makes me a bit uneasy. Is this something a dealership could/would install?

Yes - this is an official Acura accessory and the dealership will install it, but the better question is do you trust them to do a bespoke job? I wouldn’t, but that’s just me.

Yes - this is an official Acura accessory and the dealership will install it, but the better question is do you trust them to do a bespoke job? I wouldn’t, but that’s just me.

I don believe you need worry about the Dealership doing a bad job. The Dealership will not work on your NC1 unless they have a trained NC1 Technician on hand. And that person has everything to lose if they screw up your car. The NC1 Technicians are the best of the best at most all Dealerships.

Last edited:
They sell for around $1500 with online price of around $1100. If you take your time and are somewhat skilled then it is doable. Does require cutting (no going back) and drilling. I would say around 3 hours plus.

Is this the part # 08E12-T6N-200

Shame this can't be installed at the factory, I like it.

The plastic underneath the carpet is already partially cut. It is clearly marked so there is no guessing on what to remove. The cutting of carpet is a bit scarier as it will show if you overcut. However the cut away plastic acts as a guide for cutting the carpet. Can’t wait to see how this accessory looks

Mine are still in the box, I need to install them.

I would not trust me..:rolleyes:

I was able to do both sides in around two hours. I did the passenger side first. If anything the carpet with the plastic portion is hard to bend. There is no mistake in what to cut. I used a sharp utility knife that cut easily. The plastic is what is somewhat difficult to cut. The electrical connection on the passenger side is pretty easy to connect. I did not tie down the loose wire as well as suggested in the instructions. The rear side piece does not need to be pulled out completel. Otherwise you need to remove the side rear speaker first then the side piece will come out completely. Just take your time. By the way, I did not use double sided tape to hold down the still. It snaps in place and will not come apart unless you purposely pry it, so no tape needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpeg
    IMG_4693.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4692.jpeg
    IMG_4692.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4691.jpeg
    IMG_4691.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4690.jpeg
    IMG_4690.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4688.jpeg
    IMG_4688.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4687.jpeg
    IMG_4687.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4682.jpeg
    IMG_4682.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4685.jpeg
    IMG_4685.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4686.jpeg
    IMG_4686.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4679.jpeg
    IMG_4679.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4677.jpeg
    IMG_4677.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hey, it is just like in school when you dissected those frogs. It will come back to you……..
Uhh that would be Humans....:geek::p

Back