• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Acura selling info to LexisNexis ???

Would the car drive without telematic module? Disconnecting the antenna should help, but that module will likely store data.

Good news. The car runs without telematic module. I call it the SNITCH module. No warning on the dash, but I tested it just for few miles.
Navigation still works .The module is under the glove compartment and you need just to loose 3 screw clips to access it. It has two plugs. One is antenna and the other is data.

Good news. The car runs without telematic module. I call it the SNITCH module. No warning on the dash, but I tested it just for few miles.
Navigation still works .The module is under the glove compartment and you need just to loose 3 screw clips to access it. It has two plugs. One is antenna and the other is data.
Please elaborate on the location of the screw clips :D

Please elaborate on the location of the screw clips :D
There are three plastic pins just under the glove box holding passenger's side undercover. You can't miss them. Just remove them and pull the cover toward the seat. Than you can see the snitch module. Just unplug those two plugs. That is a good start. Now how to disconnect the GPS?20240513_183414_resized.jpg20240515_180409_resized_1.jpg

Back