• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Transaxle HP/torque rating

Hi all .. does anybody know how much hp/torque a stock NSX transaxle can handle? If so .. does it vary from year to year?

Thanks for your time

Not sure, but current build is shooting for close to 7. I do plan on babying the tranny tho, specially 3rd. I think Cody keeps blowing his 3rd with bout 6 something.

Didnt someone de-burre their gears, inputshaft and WPC? How did that work for that individual.
Yes we have deburred and WPC treated everything from the input/output/ring & pinion/synchros/all gears/needle bearings/etc... and are pushing over 700hp through 330 width racing slicks on both road course and drag racing.

6speed transmissions aren't as strong as 5 speeds. Deburring and WPC treatment greatly increase the strength of the gears. We've lost the middle gears and ring & pinions through this kind of abuse and sofar have had great luck with our new transmissions. Email me if you have any questions on either pricess.

Billy
[email protected]

NSX%20Trans%20020.jpg

NSX%20Trans%20022.jpg

RIP 3rd gear. Stock 5 speed transaxle in all 3 cases it's happened to us. We just turned the power down, it's fast enough at about 600WHP.

The recent transmission with JDM gears has held together for over a year now, but haven't tried for anything over 700WHP and haven't driven the car much.

The pics posted above look very similar to what we experience many years ago while making in excess of 750rwhp and drag racing the hell out of it. 3rd gear as well as the R&P are the usual suspects.

In the past two years or so we have been experimenting with various methods of metal treatment and clearancing to help them last longer. This past year has yielded positive results as we have been racing at those same hp levels on the road course with great success.

If you are interested in have a clone transmission built please contact Billy or myself and we will help steer you in the right direction.

Back