• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

are '91 and '92 avail for leasing ?

are 91's and 92's too old to be leased , as in put down payment towards, agree to 48 or 60 mth term, agree with buy back conditions and start with the monthlies..

a dealer told me this. I wonder if that was the case or was the dealer incorrect ?

thx

Theoretically, it can be done. Obviously it would have to be through another financing company than the manufacturer's financial arm. I have not personally heard of it being done for vehicles more than 2-3 years old, but the financial calculations are the same in any case and there's no reason it couldn't be done.

However in the case of a '91 NSX, age-based depreciation has pretty much flatlined. So the value now versus value in 4 or 5 years (with some additional mileage of course) is going to be pretty close to each other, say within 5K. The price change will be much more strongly tied to how many miles you put on it and how the condition changes while you own it (paint, leather, etc.). The dealer would probably want to cover his risk with some very specific clauses in the lease about that kind of stuff, or just assume that the condition will degrade substantially and charge you accordingly. So if you plan to take immaculate care of the NSX, leasing may not be the best way to go. You are asking the dealer to assume the risk on the change in value on the car and that will cost you $$$.

Just my .02.

Back