• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY: NSX-R Chassis Braces (SOS Version) (91-05)

In this video I'll show you how to install NSX-R Style front chassis braces made by Science of Speed. I installed it on my car which is a 91 w/02 facelift, so there may be slight variation with your vehicle (in reference to the front bumper removal and install), but the majority of the install should be universal across all 91-05 NSX. Just be aware of this before attempting and as always feel free to leave a comment, question or DM and i'll get back to you.

Link: https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/scienceofspeed-nsx-r-style-chassis-braces.html

0:00 - Intro
3:54 - Front Bumper removal
8:12 - Front Air Dam Removal
11:15 - Mounting the Front Chassis Bar
15:11 - Tie Bar Install

I got the factory part in Japan and I have to remove one of the tie down brackets for it to fit, is that normal? Mine is JDM and a 1990 model.

I haven't heard of that being an issue. Have any pictures of why the tie down bracket is in the way?
If you buy the OEM JDM part versus the SoS version, there is a fitment issue with the brackets. Most people remove one bracket and then it fits fine. The reason is that the NSX-R uses thinner brackets (yes really) for weight savings.

If you buy the OEM JDM part versus the SoS version, there is a fitment issue with the brackets. Most people remove one bracket and then it fits fine. The reason is that the NSX-R uses thinner brackets (yes really) for weight savings.
Ah, very interesting, I must have glossed over that part on SOS's website. Good to know they actually changed the dimensions for easy bolt on fitment for all of us lowly non-R owners :LOL:

I know and bought one. There's no step or welds and it's just a 🤏 thinner and lighter

I haven't heard of that being an issue. Have any pictures of why the tie down bracket is in the way?
I removed one bracket to make it fit

Attachments

• 20240601_095718.jpg
    20240601_095718.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240601_095702.jpg
    20240601_095702.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240601_095651.jpg
    20240601_095651.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 5
Back