• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hagerty Insurance

I put an online app in with Hagerty Ins. Yesterday and paid in full for my policy they emailed me back that my policy is under review by an underwriter. So I get a call today from them saying that my 2004 silverado SS isn't new enough for another vehicle needless to say neither is my 1997 Jeep Wranglers SE. The Lady said that I would have to have a 2006 or newer vehicle in order to qualify for Ins.
So I replied well does my wife's 2009 Acura RDX qualify or our 2008 Volvo S80 qualify ? I would of provided this information if it was asked in which is was not on the website. I've been reading for a very long time and I am fully proficient in the English language for the most part. At no time was this info stated it was needed or asked for in there online application process. Why waste people's time.

Sorry for the long rant.

Last edited:
I considered Hagerty before purchasing my NSX, but when I contacted my existing/current Home/Auto insurance agent, I was floored by the low cost to insure my NSX with my current agent. I pay only $124.00 biannually, and I'm a 31 yo male. The NSX is our 4th car, on our account plus our home. The only thing they required was that the NSX be garaged and not a daily driver. Plus there's no mileage limit on my insurance policy.

Call your current agent and give them a try. Don't assume Hagerty will be lowest.

wow... $248 a year?

I use Grundy and happy with the rate and conditions, give them a call.

Interesting that they have minimum age for your DD.

It's one thing to have cheap insurance, but you should review the policy and see what kind of coverage you are getting. I prefer to have better coverage than the state mandated minimum. I have 100/300K liability in case I run into a Lambo or something.

Last edited:
I put an online app in with Hagerty Ins. Yesterday and paid in full for my policy they emailed me back that my policy is under review by an underwriter. So I get a call today from them saying that my 2004 silverado SS isn't new enough for another vehicle needless to say neither is my 1997 Jeep Wranglers SE. The Lady said that I would have to have a 2006 or newer vehicle in order to qualify for Ins.

I'm assuming you want to insure an NSX.

You should try your current insurer as others have posted. Just make sure you also get "stated value" on the NSX.

I'm assuming you want to insure an NSX.

You should try your current insurer as others have posted. Just make sure you also get "stated value" on the NSX.

+1 on the stated value policy. Had mine with Grundy...when I had the NSX.

Yes as I've should of stated earlier that I'm trying to insure a newly acquired 2003 NSX. I've had my vehicles with Liberty Mutaul for quite some time I'll give them a call in the morning. I thought I would get a better discount with specialized Insurance.
Thanks for the pointers much apreaciated

I've talked to them too. Very high rates in NC due to state laws if you can even find someone to underwrite here (most won't). The age thing on your other car is so that your regular car is new enough so you won't need to drive the "special" car for commuting when the other one breaks down. They fail to account for the fact that pretty much any car (esp. Japanese) in the 8-10 yr old ballpark is probably pretty reliable.

Last edited:
Man I wish we had private insurance up here in Manitoba. I am 42 years old, 25 years of accident/citation free driving. I qualify for 33% discount from our Provincially mandated insurance provider MPI. With $500 deductible, $500,000 liability, and classified as a pleasure vehicle (have to have another vehicle registered as all purpose) it costs me just under $1400 a year.

I considered Hagerty before purchasing my NSX, but when I contacted my existing/current Home/Auto insurance agent, I was floored by the low cost to insure my NSX with my current agent. I pay only $124.00 biannually, and I'm a 31 yo male. The NSX is our 4th car, on our account plus our home. The only thing they required was that the NSX be garaged and not a daily driver. Plus there's no mileage limit on my insurance policy.

Call your current agent and give them a try. Don't assume Hagerty will be lowest.

Wow, I pay $138 biannually, and mine has a mileage limit. But it's also a stated value insurance policy as well.

Grundy Stated to me there no longer Insuring policys for collector vehicles there doing group insurance policies for multiple collector vehicles with a minimum of 4 vehicles.

How important is one's driving record to insure with Grundy :)

I think they allow up to one offense on your record.

Wow, I pay $138 biannually, and mine has a mileage limit. But it's also a stated value insurance policy as well.

What kind of coverage do you get for that? Seems pretty low. I was paying $300 bi-annually on my NSX with 5000 max miles per year. I had a stated value of $35K.

What kind of coverage do you get for that? Seems pretty low. I was paying $300 bi-annually on my NSX with 5000 max miles per year. I had a stated value of $35K.

I have 1k max per year, and stated value of $36k. I average 1k or less on my NSX annually...

By the way, no accidents / tickets or any record of any kind, and I work from home so even my daily driver is a "pleasure" vehicle.

I have 1k max per year, and stated value of $36k. I average 1k or less on my NSX annually...

By the way, no accidents / tickets or any record of any kind, and I work from home so even my daily driver is a "pleasure" vehicle.

Oh okay, I can see how that would be pretty low. Thanks for the reply.

I called my present Insurance carrier Liberty Mutual and asked if they would give me stated value for my NSX and they do not offer that for newer vehicles. They would only cover the private party value in the event of a total loss. I wasn't happy about that but they did offer me a vehicle replacement coverage for about $150.00 more they would replace the vehicle with another one a year newer and a 1000 miles less. I felt better about that and got it insured for a few hundred dollars less than what Hagerty Ins. had offered me even though Hagerty was offering me a stated value of $75000.00. That being said I took the targa off and went for a nice cruise with my mind finally at ease :cool:

I called my present Insurance carrier Liberty Mutual and asked if they would give me stated value for my NSX and they do not offer that for newer vehicles. They would only cover the private party value in the event of a total loss. I wasn't happy about that but they did offer me a vehicle replacement coverage for about $150.00 more they would replace the vehicle with another one a year newer and a 1000 miles less. I felt better about that and got it insured for a few hundred dollars less than what Hagerty Ins. had offered me even though Hagerty was offering me a stated value of $75000.00. That being said I took the targa off and went for a nice cruise with my mind finally at ease :cool:

Glad you got your insurance sorted out and you can now enjoy your car! :smile:

Interesting that they have minimum age for your DD.

It's one thing to have cheap insurance, but you should review the policy and see what kind of coverage you are getting. I prefer to have better coverage than the state mandated minimum. I have 100/300K liability in case I run into a Lambo or something.

What is your uninsured motorist amount? That's the most important figure. It protects you from someone else who DOES NOT HAVE INSURANCE as your insurance will need to cover the medical costs, which do not fall under your medical insurance.

Let's say you have 100K and you get nailed and have $400K in hospital costs, that's a $300K variance that you're on the hook for. I've seen someone get fucked over from this and my insurance agent made me aware of this MANY years ago.

So, my policy I have $1M/$1M/$1M coverages with an additional $1M umbrella policy for anything else.

What is your uninsured motorist amount? That's the most important figure. It protects you from someone else who DOES NOT HAVE INSURANCE as your insurance will need to cover the medical costs, which do not fall under your medical insurance.

Let's say you have 100K and you get nailed and have $400K in hospital costs, that's a $300K variance that you're on the hook for. I've seen someone get fucked over from this and my insurance agent made me aware of this MANY years ago.

So, my policy I have $1M/$1M/$1M coverages with an additional $1M umbrella policy for anything else.

Wow, I don't think I could afford that kind of coverage with the amount of vehicles I have...especially with teenage drivers.

I have the same amount 100/300K for uninsured motorist as well.

Wow, I don't think I could afford that kind of coverage with the amount of vehicles I have...especially with teenage drivers.

I have the same amount 100/300K for uninsured motorist as well.

Liability - Bodily Injury - Property Damage/ $1,000,000 each person / $1,000,000 each accident / $1,000,000 each accident -- $129.40

Uninsured Motorists $1,000,000 each person / $1,000,000 each accident / $1,000,000 each accident -- $47.10

That's a copy/paste for my 2004 NSX from State Farm every 6 months. I'm 31, 3 vehicles, oldest is the NSX, homeowner, accident free since 1996 and ticket free since 2001.

Liability - Bodily Injury - Property Damage/ $1,000,000 each person / $1,000,000 each accident / $1,000,000 each accident -- $129.40

Uninsured Motorists $1,000,000 each person / $1,000,000 each accident / $1,000,000 each accident -- $47.10

That's a copy/paste for my 2004 NSX from State Farm every 6 months. I'm 31, 3 vehicles, oldest is the NSX, homeowner, accident free since 1996 and ticket free since 2001.

Really, Wow. I am going to have to look into this with my carrier. I was thinking the coverages would be considerable more than that. Thanks for the info.

Really, Wow. I am going to have to look into this with my carrier. I was thinking the coverages would be considerable more than that. Thanks for the info.

I am also going to look at increasing coverage after reading this thread. Thanks for sharing, everyone.
icon14.gif

Back