• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JDM-R Turbo build.

Hey guys,

Well turbo set up on my car has finally started at JDM-R, but after Rob inspected the underneath of the car without the exhaust in the way, he notice that there is a bunch of oil leaks that need to be taken care of before even thinking on doing anything else.
So we decide that the best way to it was to drop the engine to make sure everything was going to be taking care of properly.

So thats what we did, I met with Rob at his shop on saturday to drop the engine and here are a couple pics of how the mess looks underneath.

Since everything is coming down, I will be hunting down a clutch to replace the stocker and rob will be looking at why of the 2nd-3rd gear crunch and fix that problem.

Funny we thought the car would of be done by the end of this month, but now I have to run around like chicken without head to find the extra money!!:biggrin:

The specs of the set up, will be GT40R turbo, Unlike Rob's car I am only going with a single 46mm wastegate, Everything will be water/air cooled, with a standalone system running from the front.
Computer will be AEM EMS.

I will keep this thread updated on both, Rob's (NA1-tor) work and my car's progress.

Let me know if you guys have any questions on the project.
BTW JDM-R is up and running, even when the "official" launch hasnt been done yet.
So for all the locals guys, drop by.

-MSR

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

Copy%20of%20IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

Rob and I with the engine just hanging on two mounts.

My thoughts? Where do I gonna get this money?? :eek: He he.

IMG_0929.JPG

-MSR

Great to see a more local build thread.

Looking forward to how this one progresses. I need to come by the next time I'm in town and talk to Rob about possibly doing my car.

I am not sure if he did pull the engine today, I had to work today so I didnt go over to the shop.
He said he was going to drop it, its probably on the floor by now.

Vega$, I will be PMing you....again, LOL

-MSR

Back