• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got an '02

Looks great! Congrats!! You know, if it is not snowing out, you can drive it just fine. I am driving mine today and it is 29 degrees out!

NetViper said:
Looks great! Congrats!! You know, if it is not snowing out, you can drive it just fine. I am driving mine today and it is 29 degrees out!

Thanks! My concern would be that the tires would be too cold. I guess I could just take it easy though. Its got the stocks on.

SPA_S2000 said:
Thanks! My concern would be that the tires would be too cold. I guess I could just take it easy though. Its got the stocks on.

Unless it is icy out, I think you will be fine. Enjoy it. I would not drive it in the snow though unless you had snow tires. There are guys that do it. I knew a swim coach in brampton that drove his year round. It was red, but I have seen it when it was GREY! Covered in sut and crap :) He has never had a problem with it and it has well over 500,000km on it.

SPA_S2000 said:

Nice car!! Congrats!! You should be fine driving it..just be VERY aware that the limts of the car are greatly reduced in the cold that is happening around here right now. Corner speeds are much, much slower in the freezing weather.

By the way...the NSX is downright deadly in the snow and ice if you have the OEM tires on it. I have tried driving mine in the snow with the OEM Yokohama AO22's on there and it was a lesson in what NOT to do. YIKES!! :eek:

Congrats -- very nice! Send NSX2NV an email so he can add you to the Toronto area owners list. That way you'll be notified of any local NSX events that occur next year. Looking forward to getting together once the weather warms up!!

Hey Guys,

congrats on the NSX. I'm looking for a used NSX as well here in Toronto. I'm looking for something in the 94-96 range, but my choice is pretty limited seeing how NSXs are so scarce in Toronto.
Aside from trader.ca, do you guys know of any for sale?
I found an automatic one for a very good price, however, I'm not too sure i want to go down the automatic road.

I would avoid the automatic route -- it's better to wait for a manual to show up. Given the exchange rate, and the abundance of NSX's in the US, have you considered bringing one up from south of the border? I was looking at some of the prices and they're obscenely cheap, even for late model cars now (relative to canadian pricing!) I haven't imported an NSX to Canada, but I think some other guys on this forum have. I did import an eclipse a few years ago and the only real issue I had was the daytime running lights since the bumpers were already compliant. I ended up hard wiring the fog lights to always stay on when the ignitiion was turned. If you bring up a car from the US, you may have to install fogs and do something similar. Maybe someone with experience importing an NSX can offer some details here. If you get an 02+, this may not be an issue at all.

Arshad,

I've been looking at the manual route, however, I've found a 95 automatic thats going for the same price as a 91 manual (91 manual has 20,000km more on it as well). I'm not someone who goes to the track or anything, so i don't think that the 18hp won't affect me that much. However, I know that a manual lets me be more "involved" with the driving experience. I am going to test out the 95 auto and 91 manual this coming week. That should help.
Where do you get your car serviced in Toronto?

Ryan

I would love to get an NSX from the US. I think a couple have shown up here in Toronto this week from there, albeit with sketchy histories so you have to be careful.

Problem with going to the US is just that, how do you make sure the car you get is good? Can you imagine the cost of dealing with a lemon NSX? Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ryan, I would definitely take both cars for a spin to see how you like them. If it were me, I would go for the manual even if it has more km's. An auto will sell for less down the road, and it's definitely not as fun an experience in my opinion. The NSX is most fun when it's driven at high revs and an auto kind of limits that experience.

Many people also find the NSX a bit lacking in straightline performance, and you'll find that getting that 18hp back will be a lot more expensive and limited in the long run if you end going down the performance-mod route.

The advantage with the 95 is that you get the Targa, although some consider that a disadvantage ;-) (ie heavier -- slightly lower performance, less rigid, etc).

I used to get my car serviced at Sherway Acura, where I'm friends with some of the higher-ups, so I get treated well there. Lately I've been going to Woodbine Acura which is a bit closer to me and I also know the service manager there. Woodbine's part department (particularly aftermarket) is top-notch BTW. Ask for Paul Carvalho .. he's the man!

The one dealership I would stay away from is Acura North Toronto as I've had poor experience there. Then again, others have gone there with no issues so your mileage may vary.

I would love to get an NSX from the US. I think a couple have shown up here in Toronto this week from there, albeit with sketchy histories so you have to be careful.

Problem with going to the US is just that, how do you make sure the car you get is good? Can you imagine the cost of dealing with a lemon NSX? Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah this is an issue. One way might be to deal with a reputable prime member who is selling their car or at least get someone qualified from here to go and inspect the car for you ahead of time.

When you say a couple of NSX's have shown up in Toronto from the US, do you mean they are for sale privately or at dealerships?

Arshad,

would you still go for the manual 91, even if you the 95 auto was less clicks and only a couple of grand more expensive?

I'm having a hell of a time trying to decide on this.

MontrealR said:
Arshad,

would you still go for the manual 91, even if you the 95 auto was less clicks and only a couple of grand more expensive?

I'm having a hell of a time trying to decide on this.

That is a tough one to call financially. Honestly, I would probably hold off on either car. A 95 Auto should not be only a few grand more than a 91 with higher miles.

I have driven a couple autos, one with i/h/e and a stock 98. They are noticeable slower. I would wait for a manual.

The US cars that Adelaide is talking about are a 03 Y/Y and an 04 S/B. Ive got information on the 03. I do not know if there has been damage, but there may have been (auction listing listed extensive repainting although carfax was clean, except being owned by 5 fleet rental cos, including one in FL). Donno about the 04. They are at the same dealer, who just imported them.

Yes, I got the 02 from Terrace Gate. They've had it for a very very very long time!

MontrealR - I know of a 95 Brooklands Green forsale. I know the owner well. Its not in great shape though.

Re: another '02 in Canda for sale

What year? I too love IO. Beautiful!

canuck said:
Yes it is. It is at Acura of Langley in BC. 604-539-2111. Has 8700 km and is $99k, owned by the dealer principle.

Amazing colour combo.

MontrealR said:
Hey Guys,

congrats on the NSX. I'm looking for a used NSX as well here in Toronto. I'm looking for something in the 94-96 range, but my choice is pretty limited seeing how NSXs are so scarce in Toronto.
Aside from trader.ca, do you guys know of any for sale?
I found an automatic one for a very good price, however, I'm not too sure i want to go down the automatic road.

Jeffery Segal at Segal Motorcars has a pristine Black 98 with 15k on it. The car was originally from Calgray. It was forsale for about 2.5 years there, with no luck (but at a high price), then Jeffery got it. Its immaculate. $77k. There may be a couple grand left to go down, thats as low as I could get him but he was giving me good dollar for my car. He has a 95 and a 01 also. Hes had both of those for over 2 years. Both with a few thousand k on them. The 01 is SPA, immaculate, but he has been asking $109 for it. Way way way way too much. If hed have entertained something close to $80k, that could have been my car, but considering the 98 he has is $77k, good luck.

There is a red one in Montreal that apparently is forsale at a place known for crash rebuilds.

Back