• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Market?

As always NSXTASY, your words of wisdom ring true.

I am enlightened.

Canadian perspective

As a Canadian who imported a '91 NSX 2 years ago, I can offer a perspective that no one has mentioned so far.

In the fall of 2001, it took $1.60 Cdn to equal $1 US so a $30K car cost roughly $48K Cdn. If it's what you say and the price hasn't changed much in 2 years, then that same $30K car now only costs about $40K Cdn because it now only takes about $1.33 Cdn to equal $1 US.

Interestingly enough, the price of a '91 NSX in Canada is still in the $45-50K range Cdn (although there are so few for sale, it's hard to get a good reading .. there are always exceptions .. no flames please). So had I waited, I could have bought the same car for considerably less or have bought a newer one but I don't regret it because I've had 2 wonderful years of ownership.

The real reason I'm posting this is to suggest that because of the price differential, more and more Canadian buyers may be flooding into the US market. Using a "more demand/same supply" argument, this might have the effect of keeping prices higher. Canadian buyers may also be willing to pay higher just because they know the bargain they're getting whereas US buyers may be still looking for that cheap deal. Or maybe that's why the prices have been holding their value recently as you point out.

Just my $0.02 (Cdn) worth. YMMV

very well said....now lets BBQ :D Just to add a few words....I am not rich either, but I do have foods on the table for my kids, roof over our head, and happy of what I had accomplished so far. I have traveled extensively to see the world and learning each country's culture....especially the people...and all I can say is, I am glad that I am where I am today. People without the ability to own the X would look at us thinking we are rich, but yet...people that drives the F-car thinks that we are______. So relatively speaking, you are where you are so be happy of where you are. keep on smiling and live to the fullest....now the bbq?

nsxtasy said:
"Rich" is a matter of perspective. I know that there are many people here who do not consider themselves "rich", but I can assure you that there are also millions of people in this country who would consider anyone who can afford a two-seat sports car to be "rich". When you realize how many people are just getting by from one paycheck to the next, and may have no car or only what most of us would call a "beater" - and add in those who are not receiving a paycheck at all and have hardships such as medical conditions, homelessness, etc - those of us with an NSX are fortunate indeed. Sure, we may have earned it by dint of our own efforts, and there may some other folks who have more than you or me, but don't kid either one of us by trying to pretend that you're not doing pretty well in this world if you're driving an NSX.

Back