• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX modified- Who else got left hanging? Well, here's one....

I went to NSXM about 2 years ago to get some work done but just had a bad feeling and decided just to go to the dealer to get the 60,000 mile service done.There were alot of cars there, his phone was ringing off the hook (he was'nt answering it).There were people standing around just looking at him waiting for there car to get work done and he asked me to leave my car and it would be done the next day.I got in my car and never looked back.Now I take my car to AUTOWAVE in H.B. I had a clutch and some other little things done to it.And the experience was great.My car was ready when he told me it would ready.Shane is a professional and AUTOWAVE is a great place to take my car.The price was about 30-40% cheaper than the dealer.It is a shame what LARRY at NSXM has done to the nsx community.

Larry's definitely not a businessman.

He didn't have my car ready last June for the 2002 Hill Climb, so I missed it for the first time in 9 years. I warned him if my car wasn't ready for the next event, he would no longer work on my car. Then my the NSX wasn't ready again for yet another event at Thunderhill a week or so after the Hill Climb, so I took the car, not running properly, and took it to Comptech to have them make it run again. I figured that Larry had customers that were paying him extra cash to get bumped to the front of the line, and blowing me off. He was also trying hard to get his Turbo on the market.

Shane, Ron, and Mark are now maintaining and tuning my car at Autowave. They seem to do very good, accurate work. And the car is ready to go on time. And it runs damn good. They bailed me out last week for the OTC, when car was sputtering after Day 6. (They figured out it was bad injector(s), probably because I was a moron and ran the car almost out of gas on Day 5).

Larry was once very, very good, which is why he had a lot of loyal customers that probably defended him longer than they should have. I was probably guilty of that also. I am hoping one day he will get his act together, and repay everyone that he owes parts/money/labor/etc. I don't know the full story on exactly what happened, so I won't speculate on the Internet as to what was his downfall. But when don't pay your rent or bills on time, things can quickly get out of control.

-Doug

Still wondering where the hell my short gear tranny is. Extra head(s). Old broken motor. Black Cobra racing seats. Straight pipes. Headlight mechanism. Extra radiator. Etc.

Pulp Story Teller said:
Larry's definitely not a businessman.

He didn't have my car ready last June for the 2002 Hill Climb, so I missed it for the first time in 9 years. I warned him if my car wasn't ready for the next event, he would no longer work on my car. Then my the NSX wasn't ready again for yet another event at Thunderhill a week or so after the Hill Climb, so I took the car, not running properly, and took it to Comptech to have them make it run again. I figured that Larry had customers that were paying him extra cash to get bumped to the front of the line, and blowing me off. He was also trying hard to get his Turbo on the market.

Shane, Ron, and Mark are now maintaining and tuning my car at Autowave. They seem to do very good, accurate work. And the car is ready to go on time. And it runs damn good. They bailed me out last week for the OTC, when car was sputtering after Day 6. (They figured out it was bad injector(s), probably because I was a moron and ran the car almost out of gas on Day 5).

Larry was once very, very good, which is why he had a lot of loyal customers that probably defended him longer than they should have. I was probably guilty of that also. I am hoping one day he will get his act together, and repay everyone that he owes parts/money/labor/etc. I don't know the full story on exactly what happened, so I won't speculate on the Internet as to what was his downfall. But when don't pay your rent or bills on time, things can quickly get out of control.

-Doug

Still wondering where the hell my short gear tranny is. Extra head(s). Old broken motor. Black Cobra racing seats. Straight pipes. Headlight mechanism. Extra radiator. Etc.

Finally, I've been dying to read what you had to say about this Doug.

Tan
2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T with Volk GT-C Mercury Silver
2000 Formula Red S2000 with Volk GT-N Gunmetal

Doug Cobra Seats

Doug,
Last time I saw those black cobra seats were in a Blue nsx w/full body kit. Front canard.
Dan

Sayonara,
Why did your buddy buy Jackmac's NSX with all that is going on with NSXM? I assume he must have known what he was buying into. When you raced, how much boost was your friend running, I know that Jack was not running much boost at all, he told me he turned it pretty much off. By the way is your car 3.0 or 3.2?

HPV100 said:
Sayonara,
Why did your buddy buy Jackmac's NSX with all that is going on with NSXM? I assume he must have known what he was buying into. When you raced, how much boost was your friend running, I know that Jack was not running much boost at all, he told me he turned it pretty much off. By the way is your car 3.0 or 3.2?

I showed him all the threads regarding NSXModified and gave him my thoughts on the car. However, the price was very reasonable even without the turbo, it was significantly cheaper than advertised (possibly lowered because of all the negative NSXM talk, but who knows....)

My car is a 92, 3.0 5-speed. RM exhaust and nothing else.

I don't know for sure about the boost, but ya, I know it was low, 7 p.s.i. if I remember correctly. But even so, you would think there would be a noticeable difference even at low boost

Last edited:
Syonara- Jack's car NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS to be tuned. There may also be a boost leak somewhere in the vacuum hoses, even though the boost gague reads ok. If its running too lean, you can do major damage, and surely it is not running correctly if its even with your setup. Either dont get on the boost or get it tuned before pushing it.

another $1,015 ripped off !!!!

One of the DC guys (Ary) sent a check to Garret Ching payable to Larry Garcia for a set of wheels. The check was cashed in DECEMBER !!!

Garret- if you're out there, you're involved in mail fraud as you instructed that the check be sent to your address. With the amount over $1,000 you're looking at grand larceny and mail fraud- a Federal offense. We need to contact Larry and at a minimum get his address. Private me if you have any info on getting in touch with Larry. My cell is 703 593 4273 -Howard Stanton

Re: another $1,015 ripped off !!!!

I sure hope that the 'Garret Ching' you refer to does not turn out to be the same peron as the 'Gary Chang' to whom I paypal'ed $985 to a month ago for a CT R&P which has not showed up. Although, if I'm realistic about things I'm gonna have to concede, it sure looks like I may have been suckered too.

DCNSX said:
One of the DC guys (Ary) sent a check to Garret Ching payable to Larry Garcia for a set of wheels. The check was cashed in DECEMBER !!!

Garret- if you're out there, you're involved in mail fraud as you instructed that the check be sent to your address. With the amount over $1,000 you're looking at grand larceny and mail fraud- a Federal offense. We need to contact Larry and at a minimum get his address. Private me if you have any info on getting in touch with Larry. My cell is 703 593 4273 -Howard Stanton

Garret Ching (aka Kyosuke8 on NSXPrime) did call me last nite. He says that he also is owed $$$ by Larry Garcia. Garret went to the NSXModified shop to find Larry and he reports the shop is closed and that Larry is working (sometimes) at a shop across the street. If anyone can find Larry and get an address/phone # for him, I would appreciate getting this info.

No i am not that Gary Chang...

Larry, If you are reading this, u are a great guy and all but i just don't feel its right to leave all your close friends and customers hanging.

-Garrett

Just an idea but it would seem there are MANY people who have been robbed. Maybe you all could go in together to hire an investigator to serve the many law suits so you can go after remaining assets, file criminal charges, and garnish his wages, etc.

Back