• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

I'm still trippin on how someone puts all that time and money into a car, then turns around and sells it:confused: ???

we found the car...what ever happened to Ryan???

again, WHY???:frown:

It blows my mind as well. He had mentioned that when it was done it was too nice to drive and he was scared of wrecking it at track events and such. I just wish I had that much extra money to do that high quality level of modifications and then just sell it and take a loss. Ryan has had some of the absolute cleanest cars I have ever seen. He and his wife really know how to modify a car, and to really do it right. Kudos to them for even doing this project.

Don't take it personally but I think what you have done/are doing to the car is sad. The car was perfect when you bought it from Ryan.

just my 2 cents.

Everyone gets to do what they wish to their cars......just a shame it had to happen to this particular car and then the buyer is apparently going to let "the ricer in me" take over.

ahh I did not know this car was residing in the bay area now! :)

Sung if you ever want to sell that car, hit me up on PM (yes I'm also local to ya!)

I was actually at that meet and saw your car but did not know this was Ryan's famous ride at the time. You seem to drive this car all over the place as I saw you on 101 a while back as well.

ttyl
rick

Don't take it personally but I think what you have done/are doing to the car is sad. The car was perfect when you bought it from Ryan.

just my 2 cents.

What did Sung do that you think is sad? All he did was changing the wheels. To me, the 17 inchers in the rear look funny. I can tolerate them only because they are OEM and white. I do think that Sung's car would look better with something like the all white TE37 instead of the LE37Ts which look very nice too on NSXs. Ryan was the one who did the LED taillights which is certainly not my cup of tea. But it was his car. Sung was actually thinking about "unricing" it but ended up not changing them out.
Steve

I thought that the seats, carpet, wheels, suspension and engine cover were changed fom when Ryan owned it.
Was it only the wheels?

I thought that the seats, carpet, wheels, suspension and engine cover were changed fom when Ryan owned it.
Was it only the wheels?

Ryan sold them individually before Sung bought his NSX.

What did Sung do that you think is sad? All he did was changing the wheels. To me, the 17 inchers in the rear look funny. I can tolerate them only because they are OEM and white. I do think that Sung's car would look better with something like the all white TE37 instead of the LE37Ts which look very nice too on NSXs. Ryan was the one who did the LED taillights which is certainly not my cup of tea. But it was his car. Sung was actually thinking about "unricing" it but ended up not changing them out.
Steve

I think most people are just sad because this was the most accurate NSX-R conversion in the country (besides maybe the one by 'serialnsxr' in Florida), and that pretty much right after it was completed, it was disassembled. Regardless of who did it, I think that is what makes most people sad.

Wow.....

First of all, it was Ryan's dream to make a NSX-R"eplica".
He accomplished that and he was done with it. Awesome guy, not his first project and I'm sure it's not his last.

I didn't buy Ryan's car for the fame, I got it cause I wanted a white '02+ NSX. BTW, my 4th NSX, so not a newbie just trying to get to the top by buying someone else's a nice NSX.
I got Ryan's car cause the timing and price was right.
I doubt Ryan's on here anymore, but am I ever gonna get my hood, spare tire, and spoiler?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

When I bought the car, it had stock interior except for the R shift knob/boot and the engine cover wasn't there. Exterior and engine, I didn't touch.

I replaced the rims, put Tein RE's and a custom exhaust.
Rim's - I like the 18/19 setup.
Type-R suspension - best suspension I have had on the NSX, BUT too high for my taste.

People, speaking as a person who have taken on projects in the past, making a honda Type-R anything, is always gonna be just a replica, never the real thing. The foundation for every type-R is different than the standard. Hence the motor is more carefully balanced(which you can buy) but the reinforced chassis you can't.

If I'm gonna act like I'm driving around a Type-R, I'm gonna make sure it is a Type-R. C'mon people, the car's not even championship white! (One of the reasons why I didn't keep the rims)

There are a lot good and bad things about this car, ie painted headlights, always wanted that with my white NSX and the fact that I have the last white NSX brought into America (according Ben's research).

At the end of the day, I have an Awesome car and I love it..... cause it's an NSX! All NSX owners can relate to that no matter what year it is or how it's tuned to their liking.

So guys, when I get the stoptech's on the car, let's keep the comments to a minium.:tongue:

Damn you Sung!!! I'll still never forgive you for buying that NSX before I had a chance. j/k. :biggrin: :tongue:

just my 2 cents.

Have to agree with you...

Yeah, the car was perfect.

I've seen this NSX up close and its not as perfect as you may think.

Everyone gets to do what they wish to their cars......just a shame it had to happen to this particular car and then the buyer is apparently going to let "the ricer in me" take over.

So how does putting on a set of quality Volks LE37T's and lowering the NSX with Tein coil overs make it ricey?

I think most people are just sad because this was the most accurate NSX-R conversion in the country (besides maybe the one by 'serialnsxr' in Florida), and that pretty much right after it was completed, it was disassembled. Regardless of who did it, I think that is what makes most people sad.

I think what is even more sad is Ryan traded the NSX for a Corvette after he spent a boatload of money for this project. But, it was his decision to make, to sell the NSX after the project was completed.

Just my $.02

...I think what is even more sad is Ryan traded the NSX for a Corvette after he spent a boatload of money for this project. But, it was his decision to make, to sell the NSX after the project was completed.

Just my $.02

That I would agree with.

Back