• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

Just in case I called Tim Poliniak.

He says to check with a Canadian Dealer who may have it. According to Tim there are none in the US.

Acura Metropolitan, Canada
Anthony in Parts
855-864-4998

UK Acura
TEGIWAIMPORTS.com

Jacques Dupuis
Directeur des pièces & accessoires
Description: cid:[email protected]
GRAVEL ACURA
Tel: 514-36-ACURA (514-362-2872)
Tel: 514-354-0916 (ligne directe aux pièces)
Fax:514-493-0609
www.gravelacura.com
[email protected]

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d4ab96de/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d4ab96de/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

It must be new and sold by a licensed dealer. In NYS it is illegal for me to install used air bags.

that's a shame.

1 06780-SL0-A71ZA Airbag Assembly, Passenger Inflator *NH188L* (Real Black) 2

AIRBAG ASSY., PASSENGER INFLATOR *NH188L* (REAL BLACK)

$1,994.10

they're very proud of them when they're available.

that's a shame.

1 06780-SL0-A71ZA Airbag Assembly, Passenger Inflator *NH188L* (Real Black) 2

AIRBAG ASSY., PASSENGER INFLATOR *NH188L* (REAL BLACK)

$1,994.10

they're very proud of them when they're available.

SRS components are usually priced like this for most cars. On this car all components usually are damaged in a deployment. Seat belts, monitor, clock spring ect.. That they are not readily available or in this case available at all is problematic.

SRS components are usually priced like this for most cars. On this car all components usually are damaged in a deployment. Seat belts, monitor, clock spring ect.. That they are not readily available or in this case available at all is problematic.

Although it may not be what the owner wants, but can you find a NOS Honda airbag in Europe?

airbag

acura of augusta said they can order it directly from japan and probably have it within a week. the only problem is they won't ship it due to hazardous materials policies. he said it's still available but has to be ordered. your local acura dealer can order it for you and be picked up local to you.

acura of augusta said they can order it directly from japan and probably have it within a week. the only problem is they won't ship it due to hazardous materials policies. he said it's still available but has to be ordered. your local acura dealer can order it for you and be picked up local to you.

Thank you. I appreciate that you're trying to help. Cool.

The parts ordering process is the same here as in Georgia and throughout. The part is on the highest priority Acura has and that requires it to be attached to a specific vin which again is in place. It is on order and the order is in Japan but there is no stock and no release date as of yesterday.

There may be a compatible part laying around somewhere on the globe but I need to buy where I have recourse, accountability, and verification of the part crossover. "Liability".

Acura needs to support this car. I shouldn't have to play hunt, peck and pray. What is going to happen to the support of the current car if they suddenly pull the plug?

Last edited:
What is going to happen to the support of the current car if they suddenly pull the plug?
I'm pretty sure that won't happen, not with this car. But we are already used to wait for parts...

You won't find a new airbag in Europe as these are on special order anyway and before we get served all other continents get them first even though we pay by far the most for them...

The problem with the airbag is that most people go with an aftermarket steering wheel after an airbag deployed because it's so expensive. That's not what a restaurator is looking for...Acura USA might have the loudest voice because customer-friendliness and the high share of NSX will have an effect. So shout it out: WE NEED PARTS! :)

It must be new and sold by a licensed dealer. In NYS it is illegal for me to install used air bags.

It's a bummer that this bill stalled about seven years ago:

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2011/s5156

Very neat to see a rebuild like this from an expert. Thank you for taking the time to document it.

Edit:
Oh, here's a newer bill that might give you some hope:
http://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_fld=&leg_video=&bn=A06617&term=2017&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Committee%26nbspVotes=Y&Floor%26nbspVotes=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y&LFIN=Y&Chamber%26nbspVideo=Y

Last edited:
I didn't click on this thread for a while because I couldn't bare seeing a Zanardi in distress. So happy to see this car restored to this level. Great job to all involved.

It's a bummer that this bill stalled about seven years ago:

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2011/s5156

Very neat to see a rebuild like this from an expert. Thank you for taking the time to document it.

Edit:
Oh, here's a newer bill that might give you some hope:
http://nyassembly.gov/leg/?default_...es=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y&LFIN=Y&Chamber&nbspVideo=Y

The new bill is interesting but the Insurance Companies can easily side step it by putting the info directlyin the policy. I saw one policy where the company had such a statement and proscribed non-OEM parts on a car 3 weeks old and under 3k miles. They'll wiggle around it or buy off the bill's sponsors in some clever way.

Honestly, for something like an airbag, I can't imagine I'd want a used one if at all possible. Great work so far Joe, it's interesting to see the entire process.

I'm sure the takada debacle has affected this specific part

Well I'm moving ahead with paint and will carry on though parts are missing with no assurance they will ever be here.
Passengers airbag, Left front amber side marker. I am so discouraged.

Seriously...amber side marker is BACK ORDERED???
Do you need one?

rawone

Could you fabricate a cover for the airbag and put a compatible airbag in from another honda?

I would bet there is a comparable airbag from that year. Honda didn't invent all new parts for our cars.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/343231cb/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/343231cb/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Seriously...amber side marker is BACK ORDERED???
Do you need one?

rawone

No. Not back ordered. Discontinued, period. Both sides are. Maybe get a vendor who makes the clear ones to make a amber one.

At NSXPO we need a empty vendors table for Honda. :smile:

Will these work:

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Smoked-Marker-Lights-Integra/dp/B018H0UZLS

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/74032374/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/74032374/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

[MENTION=4046]pbassjo[/MENTION] I just checked and unfortunately I only have the right side amber reflector. I think my left one the black gasket broke so I threw it away. Was going to offer to you if I had it. Could you use the right side flipped over? I think all it means is the connector is going to be flipped in the opposite direction but I would assume it would work.

Well this got solved and the part (the side marker) is actually in stock you have to try to outsmart the parts database. It's a little long to get involved with here but they (Honda) need to clean up this catalog and crossovers. Thanks for the many responses and offers of help on this.

We are moving on to the paint process.
View attachment 152541

Last edited:
Well this got solved and the part (the side marker) is actually in stock you have to try to outsmart the parts database. It's a little long to get involved with here but they (Honda) need to clean up this catalog and crossovers. Thanks for the many responses and offers of help on this.

We are moving on to the paint process.
View attachment 152541

If you need a decklid, I will give you one (gratis) for the project. (I see you may be missing one based on this photo.)

If you need a decklid, I will give you one (gratis) for the project. (I see you may be missing one based on this photo.)

How nice of you to offer but it's good. The trunk, rear wing, front bonnet, both bumper assemblies, both rocker covers, headlamp covers and both doors are removed when we do a total refinish. It takes us at least 3 full booth loads this way but gives the detail that we want.

Back