• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updates on 2021 builds

How do you mean by best price? I thought it was just $20K off the MSRP based on the build? Can you get additional discount?

Agreed with DJ Iceman. I completely ignored MSRP and focused on invoice price and incentives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Job 1 is not letting tenants see you in fancy sports car...:wink:

Correct, I never bring the NSX or the LC 500 convertible to my rental properties.

Bad form having folks bust their asses to pay me for the roof over their heads, and then see me living like I am dissociated from their reality.

@CP - quick question - how many miles did your car have at delivery and did they wash your car? It looks super clean but may be it comes that way from the factory.

Thanks!

you are silly....and so is your home depot license plate holder....

@CP - quick question - how many miles did your car have at delivery and did they wash your car? It looks super clean but may be it comes that way from the factory.

Thanks!

2 miles and no they did not wash it. While super clean some of the glue did not come off on window or side view mirror and the dealer said they they would happily detail it for me in the coming months.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see an orange one in person, same with the Nord Gray.

Good luck on the nord gray--while sightings of *any* NC1 are rare, the nord gray is a particularly rare specimen!

Last edited:
After 8 months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my NSX on Thursday! Love the car, it’s definitely a head turner. Below is my journey for those who who are interested. I imagine my journey took longer due to chip shortages and MY change over.

Labor Day Weekend 2020 - contacted a few dealer with initial interest; 2 blew me off and said I needed to put a $10k deposit to even schedule a test drive. 1 dealer reached back out and set up the test drive.
October 2020 - test drove a regional model from 2017 for an hour in a city setting. Lots of head turns.
November 6th 2020 - placed my order by building the car on Acura’s website and sending the spec to the dealer. Negotiated a $2500 deposit with contingency on $20k incentive and full refund until order confirm.
Late Nov. - 2nd test drive for multiple hours in NH. Loads of highway driving and speeds
January 21st 2021 - order confirmed with build spec.
March 6th 2021 - Build sheet confirmed and delivered to me.
March 23rd 2021 - model built and dyno’ed
April 3rd 2021 - Car arrived in MA via closed transport
April 5th -7th - navigated the finance process as I didn’t fit the “typical profile” of an NSX owner (whatever that means). It wasn’t a cash, credit or liquidity thing. Basically the hold up was I don’t own my place but instead rent as my Fiancé owns and we split the mortgage.
April 8th - picked up the car and brought it home for 2 months of storage till the paint cures :).

A few things to note:
1) Comms was infrequent during process. No one know what timelines looked like.
2 I was annoyed by the “profile” comment but got approved for 3.79%. I negotiated no mark up in my contract so got full pass through (however Acura may allow a 1.25% max mark up).

A belated congrats! This was super helpful, including finding out about Acura's pickiness with financing. I'm planning on selling my condo soon, so may need to take this into account. I thought you might have been able to handle the financing in advance, but maybe not.

A belated congrats! This was super helpful, including finding out about Acura's pickiness with financing. I'm planning on selling my condo soon, so may need to take this into account. I thought you might have been able to handle the financing in advance, but maybe not.

Thank you! Glad to hear, figured it was worthwhile sharing the process and timeline.

I tried to have financing done in advance however the dealer needs the VIN number and have as inventory in their system which is not available to them until delivery.

Question for you all, did anyone purchase the tire and rim insurance through Acura? My dealer gave me quote for $1000 for 5yrs coverage not cosmetic.

On a previous BMW which had run flats I had this for 3 years and it was worth it. Wanted to get your thoughts on the NSX.

Question for you all, did anyone purchase the tire and rim insurance through Acura? My dealer gave me quote for $1000 for 5yrs coverage not cosmetic.

On a previous BMW which had run flats I had this for 3 years and it was worth it. Wanted to get your thoughts on the NSX.

CP - for $200 a year, that sounds very tempting. I know insurance companies make good money on these products so my first reaction is no. Tires are cheap enough so don't think it's worth it for me but wheels are different. Even for my daily driver, I haven't had any wheel damage yet (all cosmetic scuffs from my own crappy driving).

I love Joe.....:)

CONGRATS!! You'll need to do a proper new owner thread with pics. Thermal Orange is such a gorgeous color. And update your avatar!! :D

Hey [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION], definitely will, how do I get added to the owners thread. Also Avatar updated :). I fall in love with the car and color everyday can wait to be able to drive it more post PPF and Ceramic coating.

I did purchase the 5 year tire and wheel protection (covered other stuff) for $1500.

I had never purchased one of these before but with the wheels/tires costing a bit, I took the policy.

They are much more pricey from the exotic dealerships from what I have seen.

Your deal for $1000 for 5 years is even more favorable.

I only had a cut tire replaced in 4.5 years so not a financial win, but so it goes.

Remember, these do not typically cover wheel scuffing, just damage that renders the wheel unusable.

I did purchase the 5 year tire and wheel protection (covered other stuff) for $1500.

I had never purchased one of these before but with the wheels/tires costing a bit, I took the policy.

They are much more pricey from the exotic dealerships from what I have seen.

Your deal for $1000 for 5 years is even more favorable.

I only had a cut tire replaced in 4.5 years so not a financial win, but so it goes.

Remember, these do not typically cover wheel scuffing, just damage that renders the wheel unusable.

Seeing that I can get scuffs taken out with any powder coating of a wheel for $100/wheel, it makes it even less of an attractive option for me. I should be able to have any wheel repaired and powder coated to match my set and as someone has said, tires are pretty cheap.

depends the 30 series rubber on the CTR is not forgiving to many things that would be just a bump on anything else. I have torn the sidewall on 2 tires in 2 years..so for the Honda the insurance is worth it for me.

I am hearing from a reputable dealer that any new orders in the next few weeks will be 2022 MY production. Not sure what that means. So Acura is pretty much done with 2021 production as of August or September and they are starting 2022 production soon there after? I guess it could mean that there just isn't enough demand or very limited production capacity (eg chip shortages)? Or could they be retooling for Type S and R and brand new interior :D

Last edited:
[MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION] I heard from a reputable source that they are only producing 180 cars for MY21 (if they get the orders) my build was number 15 for this year.

They confirmed a MY22 will exist but not sure how many cars. Anything after MY22 is up in the air and will depend ongoing order levels.

My speculation is we could be nearing the end. While the NC1 is Acura’s halo car, Acura is usually quick to pull the plug on any car that does not sell well. Hope this doesn’t happen but who knows as they’re losing a lot of money on each car.

That doesn't make sense as they havent announced what 2022 will be (carryover or refresh).

I would assume that they would stop taking orders in May, for Sept-ish delivery and make an announcement in Oct/Nov.

OR, stop taking orders at the end of April, for July/August-ish delivery and make an announcement as they have in the past in August at Monterey Car Week.

The Gathering at the Quail is tentatively scheduled for August 13th.

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering has announced that it will host 11 major vehicle debuts and anniversary celebrations from eight different automotive manufacturers as part of its annual event. These displays will include debut entries from Lotus Cars, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Acura, Pagani Automobili and Drako Motors along with anniversary celebrations for Singer Vehicle Design, Pagani Automobili and Bentley Motors.

https://whatsupmonterey.com/article/activities/monterey-car-week-overview
I dont if that website did a copy/paste from last year or if its reflective of 2021.

That doesn't make sense as they havent announced what 2022 will be (carryover or refresh).

I would assume that they would stop taking orders in May, for Sept-ish delivery and make an announcement in Oct/Nov.

OR, stop taking orders at the end of April, for July/August-ish delivery and make an announcement as they have in the past in August at Monterey Car Week.

The Gathering at the Quail is tentatively scheduled for August 13th.

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering has announced that it will host 11 major vehicle debuts and anniversary celebrations from eight different automotive manufacturers as part of its annual event. These displays will include debut entries from Lotus Cars, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Acura, Pagani Automobili and Drako Motors along with anniversary celebrations for Singer Vehicle Design, Pagani Automobili and Bentley Motors.

https://whatsupmonterey.com/article/activities/monterey-car-week-overview
I dont if that website did a copy/paste from last year or if its reflective of 2021.
[MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] you probably have more insight into this than I do. My confirmation was existence of some MY22 model, unconfirmed if it’s carryover or refresh.

Last year I recall some of the orders for Oct build were transitioned from MY20 to MY21 so definitely likely some late spring/early summer orders could carry into a MY22.

Last edited:
it'll be concerning about parts and services down the road if they stop the production so soon. There is probably very limited certified mechanics in US as it is.

Back